10 March 2009

Tomorrow will be 2m 47s shorter

I am a bit of a weather buff - and I keep the Boston and Wellington weather links on my iGoogle homepage. The two cities, each being approximately 45 degrees from the equator, have provided an interesting comparison. In particular, it's amazing to see the difference that the continental land mass (the U.S.) makes with regard to distinct seasons that the maritime conditions of New Zealand just do not provide. What we lack in seasonal change we make up for with one great asset - WIND - lots of it!

But, today, I'm not writing about wind or climate. I'm writing about the sad fact that "tomorrow will be 2 minutes and 47 seconds shorter" (this is what the google weather page says, in terms of daylight). We're still managing more than 12 hours of sunlight each day, but I know I'll have to give that up soon. Perhaps it is time for me to move back home to the Far North.

WELLINGTON:

Sunrise: 7:12 AM NZDT
Sunset: 7:48 PM NZDT
Length of Day: 12h 35m

Tomorrow will be 2m 47s shorter.

Moon Rise: 7:31 PM NZDT
Moon Set: 6:58 AM NZDT
Moon Phase: Full Moon, 100% Illuminated

No comments: