05 March 2009

A Beautiful Ray (on a spectacular day by the bay)

While running this evening along Oriental Parade, I saw an amazing stingray (probably 3 feet wide and 4 feet long). It slowly glided through water along the seawall and attracted increasing numbers of spectators as walkers and joggers stopped to take a look. It was quite remarkable that this beautiful creature could bring people together in such a unique way.

Every day since living in New Zealand, I have been within a few feet of the ocean - once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I've also made a point to run along the oceanfront and in the hills that look down onto it. Its colours change with the sun and clouds, and there's so much underneath that I still haven't seen. Today it felt like I had made contact with another world....

No comments: