15 April 2009

FLAT MAX

This afternoon we received the mail delivery at work and I was surprised to find a visitor! My nephew, Max, had flattened himself and posted himself in the mail from Hull, Massachusetts to Wellington, New Zealand! 

After three very long flights amounting to a full day of travel, Flat Max hopped out of his padded envelope looking ready for an adventure. Unfortunately, we had to spend the rest of the afternoon in the Auditor-General's Office. 

Flat Max also came with a handwritten note:

April 8, 2009
Dear Uncle John,

I'd like for you to meet Flat Max. Would you mind if Flat Max stays with you for a week or two? When Flat Max is ready to come home you can mail him back to me. I'd love to hear all about your adventures with Flat Max. I wanted to let you know that Flat Max loves to have his photograph taken. Thank you for helping me with my school project.

Yours Truly,
Max

3 comments:

t said...

This is so cool :-) I am glad Flat Max got to visit you at work before you left NZ.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KJ said...

What a great trip for Flat Max.

I hope to meet Flat Max and if its ok with his Uncle. maybe also introduce him to other people too.