10 January 2009

Closing of Catholic Senior School

After 28 years of providing form 6 education to students from all over Samoa, the Catholic Senior School shut its doors.   I lived at the school for 3 years (1997-2000) and taught chemistry, math and physics as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer.  These were, and likely will always be, among the most enjoyable and vivid years of my life.  Samoa opened a whole new world and has provided me with many pleasant memories.  After 10 years, I clearly remember the laughter, the beautiful singing, and the creativity of the students. 

The closing ceremony included a mass and a huge dinner with a live band, three roasted pigs, a roasted cow (!) and lots of Vailima (Samoa's very own beer).   


The photos below are from 1997-1999, when I lived in Moamoa and taught at the school.  Two of the students from the photo above are in the photos below (Matthew and Helen).  Can you spot them?   More photos from 1997-1999 are in my online photo album (click here). 



No comments: