26 July 2008

10th Pacific Arts Festival






Malo le fa'amalosi! (to your strength). I just returned from the 10th Pacific Arts Festival in Pagopago, American Samoa. While checking in for my flight from Samoa to American Samoa, I was asked to step on the scale (along with my my bags)! Presumably, they do this for each passenger to make sure that the net weight of the 12-passenger plane doesn't exceed the limit. To me, this was a clear sign of the beginning of a new adventure....

The festival was wonderful. Although it was not well organised, it was brilliantly executed thanks to the groups from Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Kiribati, Niue, Wallis and Futuna, New Zealand, Hawaii, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, the Cook Islands, Tahiti, the Solomon Islands, and other Pacific Island countries. The photos posted here are of the performers from Papua New Guinea, the Cook Islands, Kiribati, and Fiji. For more photos, click here.

No comments: